The workshop is offered on Thursday, June 21 at 7:00 PM MOUNTAIN. Check your time here.
Tis the season: fireworks, fun and festivities. But did you know July 5 has been reported as the busiest day for animal shelters? While most people enjoy the sounds and festivities on the 4th of July, this is not true of our animal companions.
Animals can’t fathom why their safe and quiet neighborhood or pasture has overnight turned into a terrifying war zone, with no hiding places and no way to escape the sounds, smells and vibrations. The animals sense things ever so much more intensely than we do…..can you imagine feeling like that? Horrifying, isn’t it?
In this workshop you’ll hear:
- Statistics of animals lost over the 4th of July
- Stories from animals about their own experiences in firework season
- What causes the animals to run
- How you can help your animal pal feel safe
- Animals in the wild and fireworks
- Farm animals and fireworks
- Resources to further help your animals
This workshop is a highly interactive experience, a dynamic mixture of lecture, Q&A, participant chat, and making connections with like-minded folks throughout the call. You will leave the workshop better understanding from the animals’ perspective how they experience fireworks and ways you can help them.